- Born and raised in Portland. I graduated from Wilson High School and then went on to do my college work in Corvallis.
- Graduated from Oregon State University in 2000 with a Master’s of Arts in Teaching
- Began working for Tigard-Tualatin School District in 2000 as an Instructional Technology Specialist
- Transferred to 7th grade LA/SS in 2002. I taught a LA/SS Block until 2011 and am now just Social Studies.
- Married for 17 years to my husband, Kevin, and have a 15 year-old son, Atticus and a 11 year-old daughter, Rhaya.